History of Muslim Andalusia, from conquest to downfall
التاريخ الأندلسي من الفتح الإسلامي حتى سقوط غرناطة
The author is the first to include all of Andalusian history in a single volume systematically at the university level, and he said that it was set up that way intentionally for that purpose. In his book, he relied nearly on 200 references, in four different languages.
The author has divided the history of Andalusia into eight eras:
- The era of the conquest: It is the period in which the armies of Tariq bin Ziyad and Musa bin Nusayr entered Andalusia.
- The era of the Governors: It is the period that followed the conquest, and continued until the end of the Umayyad dynasty.
- The era of the Emirate: It is the period that began with the entry of the Umayyad Abdul-Rahman Al-Dakhil to Andalusia, where he declared it independent (administratively) from the Abbasid state.
- The era of the Caliphate: This era began when Abdul-Rahman Al-Nasir declared himself a Caliph, and it can be considered the pinnacle in the Andalusian history.
- The Age of Taifa Kings: After the fall of the Umayyad Caliphate in Andalusia, the Age of Taifa Kings began, and it is the beginning of the state of frailty in Andalusia.
- The era of Almoravids: This period began with the entry of Yusuf bin Tashfin to the Iberian Peninsula, and was characterized by the elimination of the Taifa kings and the establishment of the pillars of strength in Andalusia.
- The era of Almohads: It began after the fall of Almoravids.
- The era of the Kingdom of Granada: This era represented the last period of the glorious history of Andalusia, before the final fall.
Very nice edition in a large volume, with many notes and references.
- التاريخ الأندلسي من الفتح الإسلامي حتى سقوط غرناطة
- عبد الرحمن علي الحجي
- دار القلم
- In Part
Frequently purchased together€32.90 (tax incl.)Imam as-Suyuti tells us the story of all the Caliphs of the Muslim empire, to Abu Bakr until his time (the ninth century AH).€44.90 (tax incl.)Encyclopedia of Leaders of War and Politics in Islamic History by Waleed Khalid. This is a comprehensive book of Muslim leaders and rulers, in which the author has mentioned Caliphs, kings, governors and ministers...€16.00 (tax incl.)An excellent biography of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, the fourth of the Imams from which the 4 great legal schools were built. The biography is very well constructed, very informative, easy to read. All sources are...€26.00 (tax incl.)“Wahy al-Qalam” book is a literary work written by Mostafa Saadeq Al-Rafe'ie, and is one of the most beautiful books written by the author. The book is composed of three parts, which are a collection of critical and...€289.00 (tax incl.)The huge historical encyclopedia of Islam from its beginnings to the present day by Sheikh Mahmoud Shakir. His work is among the best and most famous contemporary works. This is the complete collection (without...€629.00 (tax incl.)Shaykh al-Uthaymeen has said, "This book is very useful, and the seeker of knowledge must be obtained and studied." [see Kitaab al-Ilm p.96]. These are the biographies of all the important men that existed until the...€99.00 (tax incl.)Here is one of the most important books of Islamic History which includes: The Creation, the Stories of Prophets and Ancient Nations, the biography of the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam and the historical...€4.00 (tax incl.)Matn Alfiat ibn Malik the famous poem of 1000 verses on the Nahou and Sarf, 100% harakat! Mini size (8x12cm), soft cover, black print on beige paper, Egyptian edition, 96 pages.Medium format (10x14cm), Semi-hard...
Others titles from the same author€259.00 (tax incl.)Magnificent collection of Fatawa from one of the greatest scholars of our time, his eminence the most scholar Muhammad ibn Salih al-Uthaymin. 12 volumes of Fatawa classified by theme, not to be missed: Volume 1:...€15.00 (tax incl.)Caution! This is an Ashari thesis, we propose it as research for advanced students in this subject. The thesis follows the following plan: the meaning of Tawil, Tawil accepted and Tawil rejected, Tawil in the words of...€13.50 (tax incl.)The life, work and Fiqh of the great Imam of the Salafs, Al-Imam, al-Muhaddith, al-Qudwah, Sheikh al-Haram, Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn Hussain al-Ajurree. He was truthful, very pious, one of the fervent defenders of the...€22.90 (tax incl.)This excellent work exposes the ins and outs of Jarh wa Tad'il, what is allowed or not in this science, their conditions, and many examples and quotes from great Ulama of Hadeeth on this subject. The author of this...€19.00 (tax incl.)Here is a complete and interesting book on the repealed and abrogating it in the Quran, written by an Iraqi scholar of the last century, Ibn Khayyat (1335H). The book is composed in 4 parts: The definition of Naskh...€5.50 (tax incl.)Exegesis of the Sura al 'Asr by the great Imam of Yemen, al-Shawkani, entitled "An-Nashr li Fawaid Surah al-'Asr". Edition verified, authenticated and annotated by a Talib al-'Ilm of Dar al-Hadith Ma'abar in Yemen, ie...€13.50 (tax incl.)Collection gathering 12 epistles written by the Great Yemeni Savant, Muhammad ibn Isma'il al-Emir as-San'ani (1182H). These Risala, published for the first time from manuscripts, deal with various themes (you will...